Pearson Data Security Incident
Dear Wildcat Families,
The Wright City R-II School District has been notified of a data security incident by Pearson Clinical Assessment, an outside vendor used by school districts across the state to provide support and educational services to individual students.
According to Pearson, it discovered that some student names stored on their servers may have been disclosed to an unauthorized party by the security incident, including your student’s first and last name.
We have been assured by Pearson that no grade or assessment information was affected by the incident. Also, please note that Pearson is not provided with and does not maintain any Social Security numbers, credit card data, or other financial information.
To date, we do not have any evidence that this information has been misused but we felt it important to make you aware of the situation. Pearson has been actively working with law enforcement to determine the source of the incident and to take all steps necessary to protect the student information it maintains as part of its services.
As a precautionary measure, Pearson is offering complimentary credit monitoring services from Experian to each affect individual. To activate this offer and start the monitoring process, please use the information below:
Ensure that you enroll by: January 31, 2020 (Your code will not work after this date.)
Visit the Experian IdentityWorks website to enroll and provide your activation code:
- If you are enrolling for an Adult: https://www.experianidworks.com/credit and provide your activation code: PF7N9N97G
- If you are enrolling for a minor: https://www.experianidworks.com/minorplus and provide your activation code: 4GCYX5C69
If you are redeeming this for a minor, provide your minor’s information when prompted.
You will be covered for up to 12 months.
If you have questions about the product please contact Experian’s customer care team at 866-883-3309 by January 31, 2020. Be prepared to provide engagement number DB12466 as proof of eligibility for the identity restoration services by Experian.
Experian offers the following features once you enroll in Experian IdentityWorks for yourself or your minor:
- Identity Restoration: Identity Restoration agents are immediately available to help you address credit and non-credit related fraud.
- Experian IdentityWorks ExtendCARE: You receive the same high-level of Identity Restoration support even after your Experian IdentityWorks membership has expired.
- Up to $1 Million Identity Theft Insurance**: Provides coverage for certain costs and unauthorized electronic fund transfers.
The following additional features are also available:
- For adults:
- Experian credit report at signup: See what information is associated with your credit file. Daily credit reports are available for online members only.*
- Credit Monitoring: Actively monitors Experian file for indicators of fraud.
- For minors:
- Social Security Number Trace: Monitoring to determine whether enrolled minors in your household have an Experian credit report. Alerts of all names, aliases and addresses that become associated with your minor’s Social Security Number (SSN) on the Experian credit report.
- Internet Surveillance: Technology searches the web, chat rooms & bulletin boards 24/7 to identify trading or selling of your personal information on the Dark Web.
The District believes data privacy is of paramount importance and we hold our third-party vendors to high standards when it comes to protecting the safety and security of your personal information. We continue to closely monitor this situation, and we will provide updates as we learn any additional information.