Wright City R-II School District participates in a program called Operation Backpack to help under-resourced families in our community. Each week, volunteers assemble care packages of non-perishable food items. These bags are then discreetly placed in the student’s backpack to go home with them over the weekend. The program is specifically designed for those students who receive Free or Reduced meals during the school day, and is made possible by generous donations from local businesses, food pantries, and contributions from caring individuals.
If you are interested in helping Operation Backpack:
- watch for upcoming food drives at your child’s school! Each building will be conducting a food drive to help with donations.
- You may also help with a financial contribution. Monetary donations are accepted at any level. Please call 636-745-7214 for more information about how you can make a donation.
If you would like to participate in Operation Backpack:
- To qualify, your child must receive free/reduced lunch.
- Contact your school counselor for more information and to apply.
- Participation is kept confidential! The school nurse and the school counselor will be the only faculty/staff to identify Operation Backpack recipients.