The Wright City R-II School District is located in a growing area about 45 miles west of St. Louis along Hwy 70. The district is made up of 92 square miles in Warren and Lincoln counties and includes mailing addresses in Foristell, Marthasville, Troy, and Wright City.
The district serves students in five buildings: Wright City Early Childhood Center (Pre-Kindergarten); Wright City East Elementary (K-1); Wright City West Elementary (2-5); Wright City Middle School (6-8); and Wright City High School (9-12). The district also has an alternative setting known as The Academy that is housed on the middle school campus. The district educates approximately 1600 students.
It is with great pleasure that we announce that our 2016 Annual Performance Report is out, and Wright City R-II School District has set a record score for the district...96.4%!
As always, we continue to be Fully Accredited by the state of Missouri.
We are so pleased to see significant improvement in our scores over the last 4 years. We scored 91.1%, 96.1%, 96.1% and now 96.4% in our last 4 years. We continue to strive for Sustained Excellence.
Highlights from the 2015-2016 school year are:
- Opened our first Early Childhood Center building on Bell Road
- Dedicated a bench to Shirley Case who brought the Early Childhood Program to Wright City years ago
- Football and Baseball teams competed for state championships
- Kyle Christopher set school discus record and took 4th in state track
- District to join Care to Learn -- an organization to help students with the areas of health, hygiene and hunger
- Completed a community survey with high marks for safety, academics, facilities and finance
- Held many community events with high participation (Father/Daughter dance, Pumpkin Carving, Wizard of Oz Math, Science Saturdays, Truck Day)
- High school was recognized as an outstanding school by the US News and World Report for the 2nd straight year
- Every Junior took the ACT
- Every graduate now takes an AP (Advance Placement) course
- Backpack program provides weekend meals to about 40 families
- The local churches will use our facilities for a 15th anniversary 9/11 event this fall
- The high school will have 1 chromebook per student this fall, helping students learn 21st century skills
Winter Percussion won their 2nd MCCGA State Championship in four years
High School Concert Band was selected to perform at Powell Symphony Hall in November
High School Concert Band was selected to perform at the Missouri Music Educators State Conference
High School Concert Band again received a Rating of "I", Exemplary at the MSHSAA State Music Festival
High School Marching Band has been undefeated against Class 3 schools for six years
Wright City provides a peaceful, semi-rural area in which to live, yet is within a commutable distance for employment, sporting, and cultural events of the St. Charles and St. Louis areas. A wide variety of homesites are available to accommodate almost any lifestyle as our community continues to grow and thrive with new businesses deciding to call Wright City "home."
At Wright City R-II, we live by our motto: Dedicated to our Students’ Success.
The Wright City R2 School district does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, or disability, in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in its programs and activities. Any person having inquiries concerning the school's compliance with the regulations implementing Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504) of the American with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) , may contact the Assistant Superintendent or Human Resources.